Frequently Asked Questions
Does therapy work?
There has been numerous researches supporting the fact that therapy works, numbers as high as 80% is a testimony that therapy is a helpful tool for everyone. When people get entangled in life’s circumstances, it becomes difficult to view their actual roles in the outcome of their lives. Therefore, a well-trained psychologist can help by becoming an mirror where clients can see their own reflection and adjust the things that no longer make them happy.
What do you charge per session?
- Free 30 minute consultation
- Avg Cost (per session): $160-$250
- Sliding Scales: Yes
- Accepts Credit Cards: Yes (Discover, Visa, and MasterCard)
- Accepts Insurance: Out of Network Provider
- Accepts self-pay: Yes
What is your specialty?
- Personality Disorders
- Adjustment to life Circumstances
- Young Adults
- Relationship and Family
- Industrial Organization
- Program Development
- History of severe trauma & PTSD
What is your treatment orientation?
What are your qualifications?
- School: Obtained Bachelors of Science from University of Houston, and then started masters at
University of Houston as part of Psi Chi (The International Honor Society of
Psychology). Dr. Adibian finished her doctorate at Argosy University.
- Guest presenter at Society of Consulting Psychologist Conference. National Alliance of Mental Health, Galaxy Counseling Center, Texas Psychological Association, and Dallas Psychological Association.
- Year Graduated: 2009
- License Number & State: 36393 – Texas
What are your modalities?
- Young Adults
- Mindfulness Exercises
What type of clients do you focus on?
Melody of Light Psychology does not discriminate against any gender, ethnicity, or sexual orientation.
- Ethnicity: All
- Gender: All
- Religious Orientation: All
- Sexual Orientation: Any
- Age: 18-65
What is your treatment approach?
Mind therapy is the exploration and expression of your innate creative self, relational self, as well as the understanding of environmental limitations placed on the self. Also, children and teens have their own language and utilized as such in therapy. Feelings, thoughts, body movements, and dreams tell us what matters to you. Sometimes you may feel frightened or anxious without knowing why. Fear and shame can keep you isolated. Learn how use your own energies and release yourself from your debilitating boundaries. The answer in in you and I will help you find it. Our approach is altered based on specific needs. Utilize mindfulness, balance of the mind and body, play therapy, art therapy, client centered, as well as analytic systems of healing.
Where is your office located?
Currently working at: New Horizon Center for Healing
What are your clinical hours of service?
Monday – 12:00 am – 8:00 pm
Tuesday – 12:00 am – 8:00 pm
Wednesday – 12:00 am – 8:00 pm
Thursday – 12:00 am – 8:00 pm
Friday – 12:00 am – 6:00 pm
Special arrangements may be made for appointments during nonscheduled business hours.